Emotional Intelligence Leadership Leadership Development Uncategorized

The unrealised potential of Emotional Intelligence

If your organisation was lacking in financial management capability, costing you significantly in unrealised income and impacting things like employee satisfaction, how would you seek to remedy the situation?

You might consider training and development for staff or possibly have senior staff mentor others.

Emotional Intelligence is no different, so why is it that we don’t necessarily consider remedial action at an organisational level to improve the emotional intelligence of our workforce?

Emotional intelligence is described as the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to distinguish between them and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and actions.

You might be surprised to learn that as much as 80% of an individual’s success can be attributed to EQ, the other 20% comes from components of IQ[1].

Studies in various sectors have also found a direct correlation between the emotional intelligence of a company’s staff and the businesses success.

At an individual and organisational level, this means improving EQ makes good business sense.

EQ pioneer Daniel Goleman believes that self-improvement starts with self-reflection, so why not take an online assessment of your emotional intelligence to get you and your team started on realising the full potential of EQ. Contact us to discuss our EQ assessment tool today.

[1] Kirch, D, Tucker, M and Kirch, C., 2001, ‘The Benefits of Emotional Intelligence in Accounting Firms, The CPA Journal August 200, p. 60