Project Management Training
Project Management Training Overview
For a project to be successful and achieve its objectives, it is critical that the project manager has the necessary skills, knowledge and capabilities to scope, plan, lead, execute / monitor and close the project on time and within budget.
Many organisations are now realising that non-technical skills (like project management and communication) are as important, as the technical skills required, to complete a project.
Participants will learn:
- Strategies to ensure your projects are effectively scoped and planned prior to commencement
- Critical leadership and communication skills to ensure you maximise your project team’s effectiveness
- A range of project and risk management templates / tools that you will be able to apply immediately
- Skills, knowledge and capabilities to effectively plan, lead, execute / monitor and close projects to ensure that projects achieve their objectives, on time and within budget
Future Institute has designed a Project Management Training for individuals in charge of projects (large and small) within any industry area / sector. It is designed to help businesses, teams and leaders effectively manage projects within their organisation. The project management course focuses on the four critical areas required to effectively manage a project being project management, risk management, leadership, and communication skills. Each course is customised based on your organisation’s needs and the current level of project management expertise of your selected participants.
- Project management fundamentals
- Risk management within a project
- Leadership effectiveness – leading / managing projects
- Communicate effectively as a project manager
- Prepare a project scope, obtain approval, and develop a detailed project plan
- Use a project management tool to document the project
- Develop a risk management plan a communication plan
- Monitor the project and facilitate project meetings / distribute status reports
- Facilitate a post-project review (including developing a project close report)
This program is fully customisable to the needs of your organisation. You can choose what areas are important to you and we will build the program accordingly.
Alternatively, we can make suggestions on how long the program needs to be based on your situation. This program is run over 2 full days or 4 half days.
Future Institute has developed a range of eLearning modules to support the four topics. This provides the underpinning knowledge prior to the face to face training, which enables the workshop to be more activity based, e.g. Role play, small group activities.
Contact us to find out how we can customise this program to suit your organisation.