Workplace Mental Health Awareness Course
Cost of Mental Health in the Workplace:
- Almost 50% of employees have left a workplace due to a poor mental health environment, while 60% of employees working in a mentally healthy workplace were more committed to their job. [Beyond Blue]
- Ninety-one per cent of employees believe mental health in the workplace is important. However, only 52 percent of employees believe their workplace is mentally healthy. [State of workplace Mental Health in Australia]
- One in five Australians (21%) have taken time off work in the past 12 months because they felt stressed, anxious, depressed or mentally unhealthy. [Beyond Blue]
Mental Health – Awareness is Key
The Workplace Mental Health Awareness Workshop is aimed at all employees to help them identify signs and symptoms not only in themselves, but also in their colleagues in the workplace. This workshop will build an awareness and understanding of mental health and provide take-away-tools that employees can use.
“Mental Health is an essential part of our overall health, as important as our physical health. It is important because it affects how we feel, think and behave, even though it may not be clear to others or readily understood”. – Future Institute
Why train your staff?
- The health and well-being of your employees is crucial to the successful day to day running of your business
- Employers are responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment
- It starts the conversation
- Encourages empathy in a diverse workplace
- Builds resilience and develops a healthy workplace culture
- Empowers the individual to empathise, take action and know they have, and can give support
- This is the first step in taking real action!
Workplace Mental Health Awareness Workshop covers:
- What is ‘mental health’?
- Common mental health problems, signs and symptoms
- Impact of a mentally unhealthy workplace
- Relevant legislation and law, including employee responsibilities
- How employees can reduce the risk of mental health problems in the workplace
- Promote and inspire a new culture and make a change
- Action Plan – Where to from here?
- Delivered in the workplace
- Full Day or Half Day workshops are available
- Up to 18 participants per session
- Interactive, small and large group activities
Take-away tools and resources
We provide a comprehensive range of take-away tools and resources that can be used for developing and promoting a positive culture of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
Duration & Cost
Contact us to find out how we can customise our program to suit your workplace.