Advanced Facilitation Course
“We cannot TEACH another person directly; we can only facilitate his/her LEARNing”. – Carl Rogers, Psychotherapist, Client-Centered Therapy (1961)
This workshop is delivered by one of our highly experienced facilitators and is designed to disrupt and intensify the facilitation skills of your trainer / assessors, coaches, mentors or facilitators.
This workshop engages facilitators to think outside of the box and explore a range of different learning styles, facilitation techniques, theories and practices that will capture their audience and ensure a learning environment that achieves results.
Everyone learns differently, therefore it takes a perceptive and versatile facilitator in order to adapt delivery methods to the needs of their learners and environment.
This course is broken down into two components:
Interactive eLearning module (completed online prior to the face-to-face session) providing underpinning knowledge
A 4 hour face-to-face facilitated workshop (held either at our training rooms or onsite at your workplace).
The Advanced Facilitation Program covers:
- Honey and Mumford’s Learning Styles
- Developing learning activities to address different learning styles
- Balance between Content and Process
- Active Learning and the Learning Pyramid
- Adult Learning Principles
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Six Step Effective Demonstration and Practice Technique
- A variety of proven Advanced Facilitation Techniques, eg. mind mapping, nominal group techniques, fishbone technique, 5 why’s
- A take-away action plan
Duration & Cost
This course has an optional eLearning module, the face to face component can be delivered by a half day or full day workshop. Contact us to discuss how we can customise this program to your organisations needs.